IPP 9.7 - 32GB or 128GB?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tellemfred, Mar 23, 2016.

1. tellemfred macrumors member

Looking for some opinions to sway me one way or the other.

I owned a 32GB iPad 3 for 1 1/2 years and then upgraded to a 32GB iPad Air 1 on release day and have had that for the past 2 1/2 years. I'll be putting this new one on AT&T Next like I did for my current one. I use it a good deal everyday for web browsing, videos, silly games (nothing amazing), etc.

In the 4 years I've had an iPad, I have never needed more space. I currently have 4.5GB available on my Air and it's been like that for awhile. I don't watch movies on it (even though I always tell myself I will), and I don't keep photos or video or music on it (that's what my iPhone is for).

128 is more than I can ever see myself needing since my media is on my phone. However, I know that I'll have this for a few years and apps and software get bigger and who knows what the future holds.

To me, it seems like a waste of $150 ($729 vs $879) since I've never used the space in 4 years BUT it's a significant jump in storage and I would hate to see 32GB eventually become as pointless as 16GB while I still own this one and regret the decision.

Anyone else trying to decide between the two?

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I'm going with 128 even though i would prefer not to spend the extra money. Reason are, I traded in my macbook air that had a 128SSD and I used 70 of it. Also my iPhone is a 128 and I use about 70 of that as well. I figure if this is to replace my air, I should have enough storage for if I even need it. I don't plan on putting music on the iPad so I can save like 15g but still would be over the 32g limit. I figure I will drop an extra 150 now so that I never have to worry about it in the next 4-5 years of owning the iPad.

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

if what you describe hold true then 32 is ample. unless you see yourself going large in the future on consumerism and storage. the software itself wont eat into that space as much as you fear.

but, as always, if you can afford it get as much/big as you can i always say :)

4. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

You're going to keep it for another 4 years? It's $40/year more for the 128Gb. Get the 128Gb.

Better still, wait a few months for a price drop on the 9.7" Pro...