IPP Artists - How are you propping up your device?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by swkong626, Nov 18, 2015.

1. swkong626 macrumors newbie

I was thinking about getting the IPP for drawing but one thing that concerns me is regarding the positioning of the device when drawing. Do you lay it flat on the table/desk when drawing? Do you hold it up with one hand and draw with the other? I really wish it had a kickstand similar to the Surface Pro series so it can be propped up at a slight angle for drawing.

2. goomba478 macrumors regular

I like that one YouTube artist that propped it up with the box from the Apple Pencil. Brilliant and economical.

3. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

I am planning to use the Smart Cover for that purpose (I'm not going to buy a Smart Keyboard). I hope it's stable enough.

apple-ipad-pro.JPG

4. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

Yes I have to agree that the iPad Pro needs a better built-in stand or case stand. It's like the iPad 1 all over again - it's to big and bulky to hold in your hands.

5. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

I wish Apple would make a smart cover in the origami style though. Both the Slim-Y style from Ozaki and Moshi's Versacover offer a lot more angles, portrait in particular (Although for drawing that might not be so relevant).

6. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

im waiting for a 3rd party after-sales product :)

im sure we'll be saturated before long

7. goomba478 macrumors regular

Sjleworthy I am doing exactly that :). Best of luck and here's to hoping they get on it quick!

8. swkong626 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm surprised Apple didn't think of a case for artists when launching the IPP

9. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i agree. i'm kind of aggrieved that there's not more peripherals/accessories/apps already awaiting the IPP on it's release. i'm sure devs and manufacturers could have had the info they needed.

'other' stuff for my Pro is VERY light on the ground. disappointingly light. as i say, i'm sure say by Christmas we'll have so much cr4p we'll be drowning in it, but it's not soon enough i think.

10. jakeruston macrumors regular

11. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if they knew how quickly people were going to take to it considering how entrenched Wacom is. From my early impressions of the performance I think we'll see tons of artists using it, which will encourage plenty of accessories focused on art.

For the moment I'm mostly holding it in one arm while I draw. It's a little awkward, but I'm finding interesting ways to support the weight. A gut helps. ;)

It might be overkill, but a way to attach this thing to an ergotron arm like a Cintiq could have some applications.

12. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

The Smart Cover works great for me while drawing and taking notes.

13. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

14. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil