iPP Smart Cover for desk use?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Tron72, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Tron72 macrumors member

Tron72

I'm awaiting another sale to buy the 12.9 iPP and while waiting I'm trying to determine which case to buy. I have the Smart Case on my Mini which is perfect but Apple apparently decided to low-ball our case options for their Pro models even though logically they should have the best of all. But I do know I want a Smart Cover at the very least since it's somewhat protective of the screen and thinner than the iPP back cover. I plan on drawing a lot on this though and it will be on a desk/table quite often so I was wondering would simply folding the Smart Cover all the way flat to the back be sufficient enough to protect the back from scratches while on a surface? Or does it pop off easily and/or slide around too much?

2. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

It should work. And the magnets stick nicely to the rear case when flipped, no sliding around here.

3. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

4. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

ouch that's carpal tunnel city right there. at least for me. I find that having the keyboard tilt away from me to be the most comfortable.

5. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

It's not for typing (I use the Smart Keyboard), it's for drawing. Perfect amount of slope.

6. Tron72 thread starter macrumors member

Tron72

7. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I understand. But the original use for that stand is for a notebook. That what I was commenting about. Sorry that I was obtuse in my comment. :)