General iPrivacy is a tweak that enables "Guest Mode" for your iOS device.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tymaster50, Mar 14, 2013.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Tired of giving someone your phone and having them go through your personal information? With iPrivacy you can set a guess passcode, kinda like on windows computers, so they can't go through anything. No matter if they reboot, respring, etc... they still won't be able to get in unless they have the master passcode.

It is available in the big boss repo for $1.99

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-enable-guest-mode-on-iphone/

2. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

installed this morning, correct pin wont unlock device lol im gonna have to restore because cant enter in safe mode to try and delete the tweak plus dont have ssh enabled.

3. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

power on while holding volume up.

----------

ahhh this tweak is useless, might as well use applocker because you have to pay for plugins to even use the tweak and it only works for music and voice memos.

4. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Not really sure if its useless or not, the option to for folders is free and since i have pretty much everything "important" in folders i though it was ok to give a try.

5. lanceuppercut47 macrumors regular

It worked fine for me (dare I say you might have entered the wrong code in initially), but I need the option to be able to hide/disable mail/messages as I don't have stuff stored away in folders. Also I can still see the empty folder so that's bit ugly.

It's got potential though.

6. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

i doubt it, it was the same pin i use, 1666 :p but hey maybe i did; il keep checking for future updates though.

----------

Hey ! forgot to say thanks :) the power up while holding the volume key worked.

Glad i didnt have to restore.

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

So basically people with some jb knowledge can defeat this app?

8. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Not really, the app request you have pin lock enabled; if they try to safe mode device still need to know the pin to unlock.

9. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Any self respecting JBer has it set so that the phone can't be turned off when it is locked.

10. lanceuppercut47 macrumors regular

Is there another app apart from ICaughtU/IGotYa to do that?

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

does this prevent you from doing a hard reset or entering DFU mode?

Or does it just not give you that option to "slide to shut down"?

12. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

I dont think any tweak can prevent the phone to enter DFU for restoring, not sure what you mean by hard reset ? I assume holding power and home buttong until device reboot ?

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

yes, i mean holding power and home button until device reboots (but in this case, let go when the screen turns dark)

14. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Request...

I doubt that many people have it setup like that, maybe a pin, but certainly only a few with a anti-power off tweak.

15. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Never heard of a tweak that prevents both

----------

Dont know what you mean by that but what im trying to say is that you need to enable pin lock on settings in order to take advantage of the tweak, it basically use both 1 for regular use and the "fake" that will display content not locked.

If you consider the built-in pin lock safe (dont know if it can be bypass) then nothing to worry.

16. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

There is one which goes by the name of 'no power down' in all one word or something similar.

----------

You can actually set it so that another action interrupts the hard reboot process.