iProblems

likeavaliant

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
So recently I lost sound from the earpiece of the iphone. I can sometimes call people and it works fine, and vice versa. Yet most of the time I get absolutely nothing out of the earpiece. Wether its talking to someone, or the little clicks that occur while I'm typing. No sound whatsoever.
I have to turn on the speakerphone if I need to talk to someone and that gets old real quick.

This started a couple weeks ago, so I decided to just restore my phone and do everything over again. After adding all of my files and music and contacts back, it worked fine... for a while. Now i'm back where I started.

Also, since my restore i constantly get a popup that says 'password incorrect- enter voicemail password' anytime i click the phone icon. i can cancel and continue what i was doing, but i cant check visual voicemail and it pops up again and again while i am in that section. I am pretty positive i never set up a voicemail password, and if i did, the only numbers that i would ever ever use are not working.

What is going on here? Anybody experience these issues? What is a boy to do with his broken toy?

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Well if you tried a full restore and its still not working the way it should be I would just take it to an Apple store. I dont think theres a user solution for your problem.

Comment

manhattanmania

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
i posted about this about a week ago. i have the same problem though it seems not as often as yours. i also have the problem with the password for voicemail, though it is not constant. funny how both our phones have both the same *seemingly* unrelated problems... i dont know what to do i doubt i can get help from apple without replicating the problem on the spot. let us know if you have luck!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.