iProtect Micro Screen Protector

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by applephysci, Dec 12, 2008.

1. applephysci macrumors regular

Searched forums but can't find any info.

Found this screen-protector that fits the macbook, and found a review online that claimed that it was better than Radtech's screensavrz.

I'm not sure which is better.. the iprotect, screensavrz or shaggymac, but would like to get one asap. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on this. Particularly in terms of (a) effectiveness and (b) thickness of the cloth. Will using this with a keyboard protector (iskin) prevent my unibody macbook from shutting close well?

http://www.maxupgrades.com/istore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=124

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I have never heard of that company. I have always bought the Radtech (screensavrz) one (I have bought them for both of my Macbooks) and they have done me well. I will buy another one in January for my new Mac. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

3. BlackLight macrumors regular

BlackLight

Yea i would go with RadTech as well ..just waiting to buy mine when i get paid

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

+1 radtech... Mine just came in yesterday, and it's amazing.

5. macalacka macrumors newbie

+1 for the ShaggyMac.

Seems to be about the same size as the RadTech variant, not sure about the thickness tho.I think i found a discount code on here somewhere, something like "givemeten" for 10% off.

Not that it's a big deal, and im sure i'll hear about this but I tend to buy from "names" that sound good (to me anyways)

RadTech brings to mind my toys circa late 80's. "New from RadTech!!" well, you get the idea...

6. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

You are seriously ragging on the name Radtech when you own a product called ShaggyMac? OK :rolleyes:

I had the ShaggyMac a few years ago and it wore down and had tears after 1 year. Maybe they are better now, but I won't buy another one.

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

LoL... i didn't even notice it until you mentioned it... ShagyyMac :D Corny indeed!!!

8. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

9. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Has anyone gotten their Radtech wet and wiped down their macbook with it (i mean screen, keys, body)??
    If so, how does the cloth handle it? And do you ever wash it with soap or detergent to clean it up?

I just got mine, but so far i've just wiped screen and keys with it dry...

10. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I wet the small one that was sent with my Macbook and keep the Radtech dry. I wet that one all the time (Blackbook is awesome, but shows fingerprints--not a big deal to me) with just water and it works like a charm. No need IMO to use anything, but water. I can't see buying those expensive cleaners like iKlear unless your machine is really, really dirty. I try to clean mine every other day (takes less than 5 minutes).

11. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Oh I hear ya! I'm real anal about cleaning mine out! It just doesn't look good to me to have all that junk on there... I don't understand how people eat over their laptops, or use it with greasy/dirty hands..
    Next item i'm considering is a keyboard skin...

12. macalacka macrumors newbie

i knew it :D

by all means, im not raggin' on the product and yes, ShaggyMac is also a silly name. I've owned mine for 2 months now, it's passed through numerous airport security checkpoints and i love it. Im sure that RadTech's product is just as efficient.

....but i just keep imagining kids getting NEW RadTech "Foam dart Bazooka's" or somthing stupid like that...

13. applephysci thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the feedback. Radtech it is!!

I've emailed them to ask if they have a thinner material (thinner than 0.5 mm). I read somewhere on these forums that they do, but I couldn't find any info online. Since I'm using the iskin keyboard protector, and hope to use the incase hardcase as well (when it comes out), I'd like the aluminum closure to snap close well. I know it's going to be hard with the screensavrz, iskin and incase, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping for the best.

Any further advice will be greatly appreciated.

14. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

yeah let me know how that works out for you... I was going to get the keyboard skin, but not too sure about the screen closing right anymore..
    Keep us posted and maybe get some pics up when you have the whole setup. Thanks.