iProtect & SBRotator (1.2 Update)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BuStOsAvIcH, Apr 7, 2010.

1. BuStOsAvIcH macrumors member

BuStOsAvIcH

I've been having a problem with the new update (1.2) for SBRotator. It conflicts with iProtect causing the keypad to go off-screen. I am unable to access anything that was protected by iProtect, including the iProtect app itself (so I can't turn it off).

I sent an email to the developer, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered or fixed this problem. Thanks.

2. kakoulukia macrumors newbie

hi
    I have the same problem like you and i don't no what i can do to fix the problem
    can you tell me please if you have a solution for this problem?
    can you give me the email or something like that from the developer, so i can send him a message to
    thx

3. melenios820 macrumors newbie

problem

plz tell me if theres a solution because im kinda stuck here, i dont know how to make my phone work again....

4. pauliphone macrumors regular

I had the same problem, luckily I hadn't protected cydia, so I was able to go into cydia and remove the packages.... If you have cydia protected then I think your going to have to restore, as even if an update comes out you won't be able to get into cydia to update it!!

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sounds like something only the developer "might" be able to help you fix.

Just as the last poster advised, there is an important lesson here. Cydia should always be left accessible, it is the heart of a jailbroken phone. Many others have learned this after putting Cydia in a Categories folder or other modifications of Cydia. They had to restore when problems arise.

Good luck.

6. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

7. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

I had the same thing. The keypad to enter your password is almost completely off screen except for the 1-2-3 buttons. And If you rotate it's the same thing

8. kakoulukia macrumors newbie

Good News
    I fixed the Problem without restoring my Device. you must scroll your springboard Left until iPod Search, than you Type in cydia and click on it.the keaboard will Change into the numbers.

9. BuStOsAvIcH thread starter macrumors member

BuStOsAvIcH

The problem has been fixed in the new update. Unfortunately the keyboard doesn't appear in landscape but rather in portrait, but I guess that's something that the iProtect developer would have to do.

SBRotator is a nice thought, but there isn't a lot of use to it until all the app developers have Landscape mode.

10. memnok99 macrumors newbie

If you have Kirikae, you can add Cydia to your favorites in Kirikae, and then access it through Kirikae. This completely bypasses iProtect - and you can then delete either SBRotator or iProtect from within Cydia. I had the same conflict as you with these two programs... I feel less secure now that I know how to bypass iProtect, but hey, odds are that anyone who steals my phone is unlikely to find this post, right? :)

11. david.depue macrumors newbie

i had this problem the last few days you can use the spotlight search if you havent disabled that and the keyboard changes. another way is to just disable sbrotator in sbsettings with mobile substrate add ons

12. tanveerrao macrumors newbie

same issue with my iphone 3G

i Have locked all the applications in my phone and also the spot search including cydia and its realy annoyin. so is there any way i can install Kirikae with out cydia, like through downloading .deb file of Kirikae. can any one give me the .deb file link for Kirikae. dont want to flash out all the data

13. tanveerrao macrumors newbie

what if i delete the iprotect files in "Var » Mobile » Liberary" and "Var » Stash » Applications"

14. tanveerrao macrumors newbie

Hey it worked :D

just delete iprotect files by using total commander in the following folders and u are free

"private » Var » Mobile » Liberary"

"private » Var » Stash » Applications"

15. tanti macrumors newbie

hi..i downloaded iprotect onto my ipad,and now i cant access my screen.it has totally locked the ipad.please any help.

----------

hi..i downloaded iprotect onto my ipad,and now i cant access my screen.it has totally locked the ipad.please any help.

16. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Hold the power and volume up button. this will put you in safemode. then go into cydia and uninstall iprotect. should be good after that.