IPS Monitors

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by njkeys4, Aug 1, 2011.

1. njkeys4 macrumors member

Okay so I have been trying to decide on monitors either a Apple turnderbolt display or 2 of the new dell IPS U2412M. I think i am leaning towards the dells i can get 21 more inches for my quad core iMac with the 2gb graphic card so i have plenty of power. I was looking at connections and it has DVI and display port and VGA. What would be the best way to attach the iMac to the dells? Also if anyone has better monitor advice feel free I'm open to ideas looking to spend under 1,200. Thanks.
    Link to the dells
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=320-2676

2. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

There is a great thread on Hardforum about this monitor. It seems like people are very pleased with it, and the input lag was very low, so gaming was supposed to be great on it. I may actually order one myself, thanks for the find.

3. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Dell's come with a 3 year warranty. It's something to think about. Although I have no experience with this particular model, I have a 5 year old FPW2405 that I'm still thrilled with.

4. sev macrumors member

the Dell professional monitors are very good, certainly an excellent buy.

If you have an iMac already with a mini display port, then your only real option is to get a box to route through such as Maxtrox's DualHead2Go displayport edition.

Your mac links into this, and the DH2G splits into two or even three feeds. The only caveat is that the displays must be the same - so in your case two identical dells.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/

Alll you would need then would be the converter from Mini Display Port to Display port.

Hope this helps :)