IPT 2.1.1 not recognized...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by goya1110, Mar 12, 2009.

1. goya1110 macrumors newbie

goya1110

...after using TouchPwn to reboot, itunes was recognizing my JB IPT 2.1.1. i tried to reinstall itunes with a method someone passed on. BUT that didnt work either. now my IPT is stuck on the black screen, i cant reboot/rejb or do anything. oh, that sound XP makes when you plug in a device sounds like a short drum roll but sounds normal when you disconnect it. any help would be appreciated by this noob...damn i wish i would have waited for the tethered JB:eek:

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

sounds like your in dfu mode possibly, if you plug your iPod in does iTunes recognise an iPod in recovery mode?

3. goya1110 thread starter macrumors newbie

goya1110

itunes doesnt open. i get that usb device sound, BUT it sounds like a short drum roll(like pluggin in/out your ipod 3or4 times). i dont know what 2 do

4. goya1110 thread starter macrumors newbie

goya1110

Ok...

...i have officially become the noob general. after having multiple panic attacks from not being able to boot my IPT 2.1.1, several techs(that know what they are doing & not snobz) came to my aid. who knew that changing your usb port from the front of ur cpu to the back would make such a difference!!!(i know i didnt...DUH!) Anywayz...thanks to all the support techs & QuickFreedom i was able to get my IPT up & running again. :D 1Love to :apple:MacRumors:apple:(no homo)