Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

(Andrew)

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Hey guys,
I just got a new iPod touch 4g 32 gb model. It is an awesome device, my first touch, but it has one flaw. I'm having some serious issues with battery life. The battery is almost totally drained after one day, when I was just using it on and off throughout the day. I try to keep it on airplane mode when I remember, and I never have the brightness above halfway. Tonight when I charged it up to 100%, it drained to about 85% in about 40 min while sleeping with one app multitasking and in airplane mode with all push notifications turned off. Anyone have a similar problem? I am thinking that I will wait a little while to see if it gets better and then bring it back to Target for a new one, since there is a 90 day exchange policy. Other than the battery life, the iPod is flawless- no light leaks, yellowish screens, etc.

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2009
When did you buy it? I bought mine a month ago and for the first few days the battery life was bad but it then it improved. Wait a little longer and see what happens.

(Andrew)

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
When did you buy it? I bought mine a month ago and for the first few days the battery life was bad but it then it improved. Wait a little longer and see what happens.

I just got it on Sunday, so I've had it for less than 5 days. I think (and hope) that you may be right because the iPod needs to go through a few full charge/recharge cycles to improve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.