Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kayraw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Received my gold iPod from Apple yesterday and since then I've noticed the screen is slightly yellow when compared to my iPhone...

Will this fix itself or should I return?

It's not that noticeable when viewing on its own but is when placed next to phone..

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
Mine was also very yellow (also a gold model). I returned it because of that as well as the fact that the battery life stinks and on mine I had to press the home button perfectly to get it to register.

Kayraw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Have you compared it to another device shadow?

Mine looks fine until I compare it to my phone.

Tbh.. It seems like it's getting less yellow as the days are going by..

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Have you compared it to another device shadow?

Mine looks fine until I compare it to my phone.

Tbh.. It seems like it's getting less yellow as the days are going by..

Yes I have and no yellow tint.

Yellow tint will remain, it's just that you adapt to it and not realize that it's there.

Kayraw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Had mine almost a week now and yellow seems to be fading..

I think I'm just going to keep it, I'm too lazy to send it back and I can't really say it's yellow enough to bother me.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
Every iDevice will either be more yellow tinted or blue tinted. Sometimes it will be heavily blue tinted, sometimes yellow, just like your case. I believe Apple do usually exchange but there's no saying the next models you have will not exhibit the yellow tint, and it really varies from genius to genius.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.