ipt crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Arisian, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Hey guys,

Have you noticed your ipt(hacked of course) crashing alot? Mine crashes sometimes when I try to run apollo and safari or colloquy at the same time.

It usually runs pretty well once I chmod my /applications/ folder AGAIN for about 30 minutes then it has issues. I think it might be apollo's fault to be honest.

anyone else having these issues.
    Possible fixes are welcome :)

the progs im running are:
    safari,
    youtube
    cal
    contacts
    timer
    calc
    settings
    apollo
    colloquy
    lights out
    stumbler
    terminal
    lockbox -removed!
    iflashcards -removed!
    ilight -removed!
    todolist
    installer
    mobilecast -removed!
    nes
    notes
    sensors -removed!
    finder
    PDFviewer -removed!
    maps
    vnsea -removed!
    iblackjack
    navizon
    smbprefs
    customize
    musicquiz
    sketches
    mail
    books
    fivedice -removed!
    weather
    stocks

dear lord i didnt realize i had that many!

Arisian
    EDIT: btw i symlinked my apps folder, so the root partition isnt the problem :-D

2. db2431 macrumors regular

same, seems to crash when running colloquy, i also thought about restoring so i could get rid of bsd subsystem thats 6m and you cant uninstall it

3. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

4. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Do you have both Trip1PogoStick and SummerBoard installed?

If so, I think that may the problem. My Touch was crashing a lot, and I've since restored, re-jailbroken and skipped Trip1PogoStick. Then installed SummerBoard and installer.

Works fine now.

5. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

i do have trip1pogo installed.... what does that do exactly, can i uninstall that and still have summerboard?

6. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

ok, i just re-read what you said and obviously you can... what benifit is there to having trip1topogo or... however you spell it

arisian

7. jepaz macrumors regular

I'm not gonna tell you but I'll teach you:

Tap Installer app, if you installed it, go to Uninstall and find Trip1PogoStick otherwise its in Install section, tap it and there is a Description row. If not satisfied, tap More Info....

Same goes to other apps you are planning to install, read it first to know what it does before installing. ;)

8. adamsweeting macrumors regular

I've heard some people say that once they removed Trip1PogoStick via Installer that their iPod wouldn't boot any longer!

So that's why I did a restore, and re-jailbroke it. No harm in trying I guess, as both would require a restore.

9. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Sorry... forgot to answer your question!!

Trip1PogoStick gave you the ability to scroll between your screens of apps. I also heard that it was needed for apps to show up on SpringBoard - but SummerBoard does this also.

So in a nutshell - you don't need both. Either one or the other - but seeing as SummerBoard allows you to add backgrounds, docks etc. It's a no brainer!

10. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

haha, right... i know what it does. my question was more geared towards 'is it going to screw me if I remove it' type question. I would rather not have to restore my ipod again..

thanks!
    Arisian

ps:
    thanks for 'teaching' me, no clue what that means...

11. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

hmm weird mine was jailbroken with iJailBreak and after intalling more than a page of apps i could scroll to another page of apps without summerboard or the other one :S

or does iJailBreak pre instal one ?

12. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

i think it installs one of them, probably summerboard, can you change the background... that will answer this question quickly
    arisian

13. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

couldnt be summer board because i couldn't use backgrounds unless it was on the lock screen, also because i had to manually install summerboard to get summerboard working otherwise it was the annoying dock at the top glitch.