iPT + Pages + BT keyboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lesser Evets, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I'm contemplating getting an iPod Touch 4G for portable computing. Mostly nothing big, but since it has Pages, I was curious if anyone uses it for large writing assignments?

Anyone out there use their iPT with Pages and a BlueTooth keyboard to type out longer papers?

What's it like?

2. EllieV macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I don't do that, but I use keynote. I have used it for projects and birthday messages, it works really well. I don't use a Bluetooth keyboard though, I find typing on the iPod is very easy.

Keep in mind:
    •Each iWork app is $10
    •You could wait until September for a (potential) iPod refresh if you like the latest hardware.
    •If you want to print it, you will need either AirPrint or another computer to send it to. It is possible to Email large writing assignments also.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I feel like it would be pretty difficult writing longer documents, I don't even like typing emails on such a small screen.

4. Lesser Evets thread starter macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

As for BT Keyboards, I found this thread...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1169922&highlight=bluetooth+keyboard+ipod+touch

Yeah, I figured it's only 3 months before the new iPods are released, and there is a good possibility that the newer iPods will be a nice step upward in memory and processing. I could use a nice, compact travel camera, browser, emailer, and data entry machine all-in-one. The more I look to the iPod Touch, the better it looks. Since the camera will most likely upgrade, it will have everything I am looking for.

Since I have a Mac to sync to, it will be fine for printing or modifying the files I type in. An iPT would just be a nice, compact device to begin things I can expand on later at my MacPro. $10 for pages on iPT is quite cheap, but I'm not convinced that Numbers would be comfortable to use with an iPT.