iPT Repair - Outcome?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tom., Apr 15, 2008.

1. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

Today I returned my iPT 8GB to the retailer I purchased it from, after getting an intermittent lack of responsiveness on the 'touch screen'. I have flashed the firmware, and included this in the engineers notes that were sent off. What do you think they are likely to do about this?

Previously they have been very good, and replaced or repaired the item fully. However its been a long time since I have had an iPod (since the first click-wheel), and 6 months in I'm having a problem. My friend has had more recent experience dealing with Apple iPod support and exchanges and they seem much more reluctant to swap out. What are your recent experiences in repair?

Many Thanks.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

In the two instances I've had problems with my iPod (30GB classic, 8GB touch) I have sent them to Apple to be serviced and have received a new replacement.

3. intempo808 macrumors regular

I took in my sisters old second generation iPod Nano because something was wrong with it (it was minor, could have lived with it). The guy tried to restore it from the Mac he was using, but it wouldn't do it, so he wrote something on the back in black pen, took it to the back room and came out with a brand new one!

I was amazed that it was that simple...

4. tom. thread starter macrumors 6502

tom.

For anyone with similar issues, the iPod was replaced without question.