Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Well I have been in touch with the developer and after my initial dissapointment it turns out they missed a step out in the instruction in the set up. They are updating this but you must add the + and country code for your own number in the iPhone settings.

After re installing on both my and my wifes iPhones this is brilliant. Texts are pushed and you get a pop up even when the phone is in sleep .

Better still the texts are free. Seems more reliable than beejive which I've given up on. Also a simpler interface.

Thanks to Mario at logiware for his brilliant support.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
confusing app. just use textfree.

unless this app can text internationally, there are better apps out there that do the same thing.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Ok like what? I am open to suggestions on free push text apps and this one seems the most reliable.

Remember it is push and texts are free. What others are there?

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
textfree unlimited is what I use.

great support, reliable app. it's the number 1 app for free texting but it costs 5.99. well worth the six bucks.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
I did a search and see that textfree is only available in the US. I live in Australia.

This one should work internationally.

There is another one text to text free but it doesn't have good reviews and does not work on all providers.

This ipushit app is very reliable and it uses your own phones phone number. There is no logging into email servers or googletalk, AIM etc. It is always ready which is what I like.

I tested beejive and it worked maybe 50% of the time- Iv'e tested this on wifi 3G edge and its worked 100% of the time.

I am very happy with it. All I want is reliability.

Honestly I have no axe to grind but this suits me perfectly as I wanted a free RELIABLE text app for my and my wifes iphone.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
2e4f634.jpg

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
what countries can you text to with this application?

To any iPhone anywhere in the world. To me this is the great thing about this app. Yes you need the app on your iPhone but you don't have to sign in to some third party chat client and all the problems this brings.

I have beehive and I've deleted it. To he'll with having to stay signed in and connected to a chat client. AND hoping the person you are texting is signed in and connected(if you want realtime push) . So all the connection which have to be made just make these chat based text apps unviable as a reliable text tool. This works on each iPhones telephone number so it's always there always ready to work.

I have found it robust and it's worked all the time.

You don't need the app running and it is a true push application.

Yes unfortunate name but it may work in it's favour as people will remember it.

I have gone from totally slagging this off as I couldn't make it work ( fixed now and they are updating the instructions which are incomplete at the moment)To being it's biggest fan.

Wirthden

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009
How do you set this APP up?

When I go to send a text to my 2nd phone it gives me an error message

NOK: Empty Token

Any ideas???

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Well I have been in touch with the developer and after my initial dissapointment it turns out they missed a step out in the instruction in the set up. They are updating this but you must add the + and country code for your own number in the iPhone settings.

After re installing on both my and my wifes iPhones this is brilliant. Texts are pushed and you get a pop up even when the phone is in sleep .

Better still the texts are free. Seems more reliable than beejive which I've given up on. Also a simpler interface.

Thanks to Mario at logiware for his brilliant support.

Wow, makes such a difference to the "DO NOT BUY iPUSHIT APP!"

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
what countries can you text to with this application?

When I go to send a text to my 2nd phone it gives me an error message

NOK: Empty Token

Any ideas???

Yes this is what happened to me.

Go to settings-phone and edit your number. Do same on both iPhones.
Add the + and your country code and remove the 0 at the start of the number.

Make sure the iPhone number of who you are texting in contacts has the + and country code etc too.

Then delete the app of your iPhone(s) and re download it from the app store.
Now it should work.

Yes I'm feeling a bit guilty for the do not buy ipushit thread. The developer talked me through the set up and will update the instructions as they missed out the settings change.

I've been using it all day and it's never let me down. Sometimes a few seconds lag but it always works. The messages display could do with some tidying but it works and is simple to use.

Main thing is it's robust and reliable.

Wirthden

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009
Thanks-

Yes this is what happened to me.

Go to settings-phone and edit your number. Do same on both iPhones.
Add the + and your country code and remove the 0 at the start of the number.

Make sure the iPhone number of who you are texting in contacts has the + and country code etc too.

Then delete the app of your iPhone(s) and re download it from the app store.
Now it should work.

Yes I'm feeling a bit guilty for the do not buy ipushit thread. The developer talked me through the set up and will update the instructions as they missed out the settings change.

I've been using it all day and it's never let me down. Sometimes a few seconds lag but it always works. The messages display could do with some tidying but it works and is simple to use.

Main thing is it's robust and reliable.

That has fixed my problem

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
This is kinda like blackberry pin messaging... I really like the idea! I was wondering when a company would do something like this.

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
This is kinda like blackberry pin messaging... I really like the idea! I was wondering when a company would do something like this.

Yeh, I remember starting a thread about this a while back asking if anyone has created this. Glad its finally out there. Not sure I'm prepared to pay £1.19yet as none of my iphone friends have it.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Apple should build this in to every iPhone or at least include it in a software update.

Carriers will probably not let thus happen though. I would think texting is a significant revenue stream for them- all those 15 - 30 c every text. I feel good this doesn't cost anything apart from low initial cost of app.

My iPhone is saving me so much money. Honestly I am better off now. We use skype out for all international and many internal calls and now this. I speak to my wife free on our three plan.

I live this app. Tried it again just now to my wife and she answered straight away.

IT JUST WORKS!!

Hopefully they will improve the message screen as you can't follow the conversation (one sides texts are grouped together) and sometimes the text flows out of the text box- looks a bit untidy. But the
main thing it works all the time.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
To any iPhone anywhere in the world. To me this is the great thing about this app. Yes you need the app on your iPhone but you don't have to sign in to some third party chat client and all the problems this brings.

I have beehive and I've deleted it. To he'll with having to stay signed in and connected to a chat client. AND hoping the person you are texting is signed in and connected(if you want realtime push) . So all the connection which have to be made just make these chat based text apps unviable as a reliable text tool. This works on each iPhones telephone number so it's always there always ready to work.

I have found it robust and it's worked all the time.

You don't need the app running and it is a true push application.

Yes unfortunate name but it may work in it's favour as people will remember it.

I have gone from totally slagging this off as I couldn't make it work ( fixed now and they are updating the instructions which are incomplete at the moment)To being it's biggest fan.

hmmmmm.... this sounds interesting for me and hubby! i don't text anyone but him.... we tried bluchat since i got it free last weekend but it's kind of useless since you have to be within bluetooth range :rolleyes: AND you have to both be logged in....

heck.... i could save the $5.00 a month for my texting and strictly use this since it pushes and he could keep his 200 texts for his buddies!

(i'm just gonna be really ticked if i spend 1.99 and it doesn't work! even as a newbie iphone user i'm already ticked on the few i've spent money on that are pretty useless!_

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
textfree unlimited is what I use.

great support, reliable app. it's the number 1 app for free texting but it costs 5.99. well worth the six bucks.

we tried textfree (free) and it wouldn't work half the time! i sent several texts to hubby while both of us were at work... nothing!

the ONLY time it worked was when were were both sitting here in the same room?

thus i don't have a warm fuzzy about spending $6 on something that doesn't work :eek:

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Just Got It And So Has My Friend. Followed Your Instructions And It Still Didnt Work. Some Nok Error Message
(sorry For Caps)

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Sorry. But this is an astonishingly awful app

cons

1. Have to change my number in settings and in contacts just for it to work
2. App crashes after every other received text
3. No auto-correct
4. Messages are stored in no logical order
5. Contacts all have (null) after them
6. The UI is dreadfull
7. The incoming sound is awful

deetle

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2007
Sorry. But this is an astonishingly awful app

cons

1. Have to change my number in settings and in contacts just for it to work
2. App crashes after every other received text
3. No auto-correct
4. Messages are stored in no logical order
5. Contacts all have (null) after them
6. The UI is dreadfull
7. The incoming sound is awful

8) It's not even a texting app , as it only can talk
to itself , and not any texting (SMS) app.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Contact the developer for help, sorry I just use it.

This app isn't quite there. Sorry but in the days Iv'e been using it my enthusiasm has waned.

Iv'e had instances where the whole message isn't recived.

I think we are still waiting for the perfect FREE text/sms app.

If anyone knows what it us let us all know...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.