IPv6 compatibility

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by erdinc27, Aug 3, 2016.

1. erdinc27 macrumors regular

my application is rejected today. The reason is written like that
    How can i fix that error ?

I used NSURLConnection in the application to connect with services

2. 1458279 Suspended

3. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

I suspect that by "IPv6 network" they mean an IPv6-only network. That's a network that doesn't support IPv4. If you ask users to type in IPv4 IP addresses this won't work on an IPv6 network. However, it should work fine if the user types in hostnames in the normal https:// format and if you're not doing anything in your code that assumes IPv4-only. If you use NSURLSession things should work fine.

4. erdinc27 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah i meant IPv6-only. And What if i dont use NSURLSession. Because i used a class that uses NSURLConnection. So what should i change now ?

5. 1458279 Suspended

Did that link I posted not cover this?

6. erdinc27 thread starter macrumors regular

7. rasterzone macrumors newbie

rasterzone

I got rejected 2 weeks ago with the same message. My rejection had nothing to do with IPv6. As far as I can tell, that's the particular test environment they were using. My IAP wasn't working for them because it wasn't submitted correctly. All I did was re-build, re-test on iOS 9.3.3, and re-submit. It went through. No idea why. Try that if you haven't.

And attach Apple's whole message from Resolution Center if you can. They should've given you a little more detail on the page, and at least a screenshot. If they didn't, reply to them and ask for more information.

For example, mine was this:

-Alan