Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
http://www.wirelessinput.com/iphoneipod-backup-battery.html

Seems like the perfect direct-attach battery pack, but I can't find any reviews on this aside from 2 that pop up on google. Anyone have experience? I heard the Kensington doesn't work with 2.2 and I don't know of another direct connect pack that can fit with my incase slider on.

I haven't heard of the Kensington not working with 2.2. I have a similar product just like the Kensington brand and it works fine with my 3g with latest firmware.

Anyway this new batter you posted looks to be a better product. 1800 vs 1000 and Li-Polymer. I may just get this one as a extra for super long flights.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
I wonder how this compares to the RichardSolo battery pack. There are so many options!! I don't know which one of these to get...

djpfine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
I wonder how this compares to the RichardSolo battery pack. There are so many options!! I don't know which one of these to get...

It's got 1800 mah vs 1200 and 1000 for the richardsolo and Kensington respectively. It also apparently works with any case you might have on. Seems like a winner to me but I haven't seen much feedback from other owners.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA

wow didn't know the Richardsolo had a flashlight and led light! haha how useless...

The Richardsolo is heavier, but it is made of scratch resistant aluminum, while the iPWR is made of plastic.

Both products appear to be approved officially for iPhone use.

I personally think the iPWR looks nicer.

oh yea, why does the "RichardSolo" have to have such a retarded name?!?! It sounds so cheesy.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
i want something small. Imaxpower has a ton of power but is huge. Also, a low profile would be great.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I want to get this one. I just bought the Kensington type a few weeks ago and the physical size is just right, but only 1000. This new model here is 1800 and looks to be the same physical size. This is exactly the one that I want for long flights to take along.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.