IR at home but not in the store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeeklancer, Feb 6, 2013.

1. zeeklancer macrumors regular

I think it is do to the lighting, but I have been struggling with the IR on the rMBP. I had IR all day long up until the time of my appointment at the apple store. I even checked in the car before going in to the store that it still was there after the short drive to the store.

Once I got in to the store I was directed to sit at a stool and that I could take my laptop out. I did, and in the stores lighting I could not see IR for the life of me. The tech ran a IR test and it just would not show.

So whats the deal. Already just from getting back from the store and typing this very message I an see the white box and icons on the desktop when I switch to a full screen sublime editor. And I know it is only going to get worse.

Why would I have it so bad here but not at the store? Is the store too bright? Or do they have some sort of IR inhibitor? Yes that last one was a joke...

Also, the test that they used was a white and black checkered board, and then black screen. The IR issue I have shows badly, very badly on grey after a white black test.

2. Ploki macrumors 68000

a) use this test http://www.marco.org/rmbp-irtest.html
    b) take a photo with a camera
    c) go to store and tell them to use that test
    d) show them the photo

I get eye-retention with that damn checkerboard test, its killing me. I can't tell if I got IR or are my eyes just destroyed.

3. zeeklancer thread starter macrumors regular

Okay so they replaced it.

Color LCD
    LSN154YL01001
    DLM2496020PF49HBJ

Looks like I got a samsung. The color seems much warmer than the LG.

As a note the apple store was awesome after I showed them photos. Took them less than a day to ship a new screen to the store. They must of over nighted it. As I dropped my laptop off today around 1pm and got a call at 4pm to pick it up. I had only just took the macbook in the day before and they told me to bring it back when they had a screen in to replace it.