iRadio and iMatch

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by WJKramer, Sep 9, 2013.

1. WJKramer macrumors 6502

Forgive the abbreviations.

Does anyone get an ad free experience on iOS7 using iTunes Match? I am an iTunes Match subscriber but choose not to use it on my iOS device to better control storage space. However I noticed I get a lot of iTunes store ads and today a video ad for iTunes Music Festival. I figure that even with iTunes Match selected off on my iOS device, yet being a subscriber, I would get an ad free stream. Or does this just mean iAD free and everyone get iTunes ads?

What say you!?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I say it's a beta. On beta 1, I would get an ad after every song. Now, I get an ad after every 20 songs or so. I would imagine that it will be cleared up by tomorrow.

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I agree with Tyler. I think that will kick in once iOS7 is official.

4. WJKramer thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

In a 90-minute round trip to work and back I got zero ads.
    Done this maybe 3 times.

6. WJKramer thread starter macrumors 6502

I got 3 in 30 mins. LOL

7. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Yes, its a random thing for now ... I havent had ANY ads for 10+ days ... I am also Match subscriber but not turned on in the phone

8. Payton macrumors regular

Payton

You do realize the point of Match IS to save you storage space on your device, right?

You can have as few or as many songs downloaded at any time, with access to every one of your songs all the time...

9. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Nope ... thats not the only point ... there is also the point of "matching" your non-Apple library songs to Apple iTunes high bitrate songs ... and thats what I use it for ;)

Also, I sync my playlist to my phone and if I have Match turned on, then need to turn it off and then sync changes or download stuff all the time on the phone thus using internet more which I dont want to when I am travelling ...

10. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Syncing a playlist when you have iTunes Match is just a waste of a great feature! Why not download the playlist at home saving your valuable data? At least if you forgot a song or desire to hear one you have at home you can download it when travelling. Does that not make more sense since you are paying for the service?

11. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

The playlist is always downloaded at home and I need it on the phone to listen ... Why listen from the cloud when I can just keep them on the phone ... I always go for 32 or 64 models anyways

12. WJKramer thread starter macrumors 6502

There is no way to limit the size on the "cache" so your iPhone will fill up with music the more you listen then you have to either wipe the cache or delete the songs individually. Also I find Smart Playlists won't auto download. Really is a bad implementation. Wish I could just stream.

13. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

So do I plus a simple feature to "limit music to xGB" would suffice from Apple. Apparently it does empty the cache once space is low, but I don't know at what that size is.