iRadio is here!

pimmysays

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
internet radio for the ipod touch/iphone! sweeeet, its in installer. I can't get the audio to go up though, anyone know how to fix this?

joecapecod

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2007
internet radio for the ipod touch/iphone! sweeeet, its in installer. I can't get the audio to go up though, anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks for posting this - I just tried it and it works pretty well. To increase the volume, I played a regular MP3, set the volume from there and then go to play the radio and the volume will be were you set it with the MP3.
until they figure out a volume control for the radio program, this works AOK.

pimmysays

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for posting this - I just tried it and it works pretty well. To increase the volume, I played a regular MP3, set the volume from there and then go to play the radio and the volume will be were you set it with the MP3.
until they figure out a volume control for the radio program, this works AOK.
thanks that did the trick!

WARNING! Do not put your ipod to sleep when playing internet radio, it comes back after a while but your ipod will act funcky for a little bit.

ecche

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2003
a very kiwi place
Caution! iRadio crashed my iPT!

I installed iRadio today and not only do I find the listed radio stations somewhat mediocre (not all of us listen exclusively to lounge music), but it also crashed my jailbroken iPT. For a while the iPod would not react to anything and could not even be switched off.

Eventually I connected it to iTunes to restore the factory settings and resigned myself to the fact that I'd lose all my pics etc. Thankfully, as iTunes started the restore process the iPod 'snapped out' of its frozen state and I cancelled the restore, thus keeping all my data.

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
The basic things work, and they seem to work well.

However, they need to greatly improve the UI.
- Add an information page
- Add a play button.
- Add a pause button.
- Add volume
- Add some "Sort" features.
- Other general "pretty-up" features.

Other than that, excellent work!

bgd78

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2006
Exactly how does iRadio work, can you enter any URL containing a .pls/.m3u file or are you limited to a few stations hardcoded into the utility?

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
It fails to download every time for me, is that normal? The download bar continues past where it should go, then it pops up with an error message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.