iRam or Mushkin Memory

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by yomibro, Mar 5, 2008.

1. yomibro macrumors regular

After holding off for over a month I finally decided to pull the trigger today, decided to get the standard stock octo 2.8 config. I was debating about getting the 8800GT but figure since I don't play games at all there was no point in spending the extra money. Besides I currently have a 3850 in my PC that I hope I can make it work under OSX.:)

Already purchased a Seagate drive to replace the stock unit, also looking to upgrade my memory an additional 2GB for a total of 4GB. Reading through the forums I see that most folks purchase their memory from OWC, anyone have any experience with Mushkin or iRam that currently is available for sale at Newegg? Or should I stick with memory from OWC just to be on the safe side?:confused:

2. GotPro macrumors 6502

Inexpensive... best value... and 100% compatible. Even uses the exact same heat sink as Apple.

Can't beat it: $124 for 2 Gigs!

Trasintl.com

3. Mastershredder macrumors member

I went with OWC because the price is good a there's free lifetime ADVANCED replacement! That's worth it in itself.. having downtime sucks!

4. idkidm macrumors newbie

i had a really bad experience getting certified ram from owc. took a month, service was terrible, etc. maybe things have changed now that a little time has passed, but i'll avoid them in the future.

5. kittiyut macrumors regular

kittiyut

give transintl.com a try. I had a great experience with them. I got a human being to answer the phone EVERY time I call them (during business hours, of course)

6. yomibro thread starter macrumors regular

Appreciate all your comments/suggestions, I'll give transintl.com a try since their prices seem to be the best.

7. Joe Bannon macrumors regular

8. cowm007 macrumors regular

I just bought some of that iRam from NewEgg and it works great. I too felt like everyone else here wondering about the iRam brand but I figured someone has to give them a shot. NewEgg is also excellent about returns so there's no worries if you feel differently. It's Apple Certified and it's as cheap as it gets, can't ask for more.