IRC Client Available?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Incrimn8r, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Incrimn8r macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there is a IRC client available or coming?

2. pcorajr macrumors 6502

I dont mean to be rude but you do know that the iTunes Store has a search feature that work very well. I did a search and did not find any IRC clients and i have yet to see any coming down the pipe. I think those are one of those things that is in low demand so developers are making the big hitter first.

3. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

There was a mobile IRC client through the jailbreak installer. I like the OP wish that eventually one gets released. I would prefer something text based like irssi or bitchX but will live with a fancy GUI if someone makes it. Too bad I am not a programmer.

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Yeah, well, not to be rude, but if you search minesweeper you get nothing, yet Boom is a minesweeper application.

5. Incrimn8r thread starter macrumors newbie

No offence taken, but I did search for IRC and came up with nothing. And as is pointed out above some application names have little or no bearing on what it actually does :(

Hopefully we will see an IRC client soon.

6. Limb macrumors member

Not to get everyones hopes up, but I'm looking into the feasibility of a IRC client for the iPhone. Seems like this would be a good project to start my iPhone development, and there has yet to be a announcement of one (atleast that I am aware of) in development. I'll keep everyone updated, going to try and make a quick prototype when I get home from work.

-Limb

7. janey macrumors 603

janey