iRealSMS or biteSMS

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I'm looking at these two apps in Cydia. Which do you prefer and why? It looks like they are very similar in features but the one thing I don't see in screenshots is the little mic icon on the keyboard. Can you speak texts?

swiftbmx

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
I was one of iRealSMS biggest supporters back in the day but today biteSMS is leagues better. The current iOS 5 version of iRealsms is very bug heavy. They unfortunately only have one developer while Bite is a whole company of devs. Lots more support and features.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I have biteSMS and you can speak texts.
+1 for Bite
I was one of iRealSMS biggest supporters back in the day but today biteSMS is leagues better. The current iOS 5 version of iRealsms is very bug heavy. They unfortunately only have one developer while Bite is a whole company of devs. Lots more support and features.
I have tried both and much prefer BiteSMS
Thank you all!!! biteSMS it is :)

How about intelliscreenX? Do you guys use it and is there an alternative I should consider?

Thanks!!

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

How about intelliscreenX? Do you guys use it and is there an alternative I should consider?

Thanks!!
I have ISX and love it! I gave LockInfo a go but it wasn't for me. You should try them both and see which you prefer. ISX gives you a 3 day trial. Not sure about LI

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Olathe, KS
+1 for biteSMS. I prefer LockInfo, but am using a LockInfo/IntelliscreenX combo for IntelliscreenX's QuickSettings. SBSettings and UISettings were terrible compared to QuickSettings.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
In the day's of 1.x and 2.x I've always used IntelliScreen. On 3.x and 4.x always LockInfo and now on 5.x IntelliScreenX. I think you should ask yourself the question if you would rather want a tweak that looks and feels like it's part of the OS or if you want a tweak that is more customizable. IntelliScreenX feels more stable and looks like something Apple would build, but you don't have a lot of options to change around and no themes (but it does have RSS, Facebook and Twitter integration build in). LockInfo feels more "open sourcy" (as I like to call it), but you can truly change everything about it to the look that you want to.

I personally switched to IntelliScreenX :) Btw, the good thing with both is that if you download a Notification Center widget from Cydia, you will also see it on your lockscreen.

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california

Thanks!!
I have intelliscren X and love it! especially now that you can text from any application with their messages+. I used bitesms before and still trying to understand why people love it so much. maybe I didnt use it to its full potential before.
I watched a video and see the other benefits to using bitesms so I downloaded it again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.