iRealSMS vs BiteSMS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, May 12, 2012.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I've had iRealSMS in the past, but am now thinking about moving to BiteSMS. I realize that most here would recommend the latter, but I'm curious as to why. The quick reply feature is the most attractive to me, but is there any other advantage BiteSMS holds? Also, do either have any compatibility issues on iOS 5.1? What about interference with/from the notification bar? Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I use a combination of biteSMS and Messages+.

biteSMS for it's open to chat list, contact pics, message time stamps, retry on fail, privacy in notifications (I hide the name so it always says "someone" and then their text).

Messages+ for it's quick reply and compose from Notification Center.

I use stock banner notifications.

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

What about the quick reply and compose feature from notification center that come with biteSMS?

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I don't use biteSMS QC or QR. When I get a text and not in lock screen I click on the banner and it opens Messages+ QR or if in NC I click on the biteSMS notification and it also opens Messages+ QR (same as in lock screen because I use IntelliScreenX). I love the way I have it set up. For QC I have the NC icon in the bottom right of NC which opens up Messages+ QC. I know most people prefer the biteSMS QC and QR but I prefer Messages+ :p

6. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Ah okay so they're just different then! I was just curious because based on what I've seen the two essentially have the same features xD Glad you like the way you're rockin' it though!!