iRed Lite

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by .michael, Dec 23, 2007.

1. .michael macrumors regular

iRed Lite is a third party app. that is used to change the functions of an apple remote. I downloaded it, played around with it, and I hate it. I can't change back to the very original settings, and everytime I delete it, it always responds "the app. is open" blah blah blah.

Can someone tell me how to revert my remote back to the original and delete this app? And any other free apps. that will work better then iRed?

2. giyad macrumors regular

Couple of things you can try:
    1. AppZapper
    2. If the App is open, close it ;)... then try and delete it
    3. Check the preferences to see if there is an option that makes it start with the OS on startup. If there is, uncheck that, restart, and delete the app.
    4. Go into your activity monitor (spotlight it if you haven't gone there before) and quit any processes that have to do with iRed, then try deleting it...

Good luck! Oh and I don't know of any apps that do what you need, sorry

3. .michael thread starter macrumors regular

App Zap

It's fine. I deleted it with Appzapper, which is a great tool. The only thing is, you only get five zaps before you have to pay 12.00 or something.
    Sorry, but I'm just curious now. Does anyone know any AppZapper free alternatives?

4. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Did you close it? It docks in your menu bar. I love the program, when you close it, it reverts to the original settings.