iResQ iPhone 4 white backplate review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nateo200, Jun 26, 2011.

1. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Not much to review about but I haven't seen one and I figure this will be a nice thread to dig up if someone is curious in the future.

Here is a link to just a short install video and mini review I posted on YouTube. Haha sorry I just sort of "wung" the video but you'll see how easy it is to install.
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/dxBUzzkNyvE
    First impressions were it was very high quality. There is no difference between this plate and the Apple OEM plate. Very nice aspect! For 29.99 USD its a deal, if you have a verizon iPhone 4, the latest batch of GSM iPhones, or your iPhone 4 was recently serviced then your most likely rocking the new pentalobe screws which require a special screw driver unfortunately which ads another 8 or so dollars to the cost. Oh and finally here are some of the pics I've already posted because that is the main point; looks :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then you can compare it to my black iPhone 4 back from Apple:
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------

Overall I would highly recommend this backplate to those who want to change the look up on their iPhone 4 without making it look "not Apple like". In my opinion it retains the Apple look but looks much more stylish. I always liked the way the iPhone 3GS in white looked so that's part of the influence.

2. x986 macrumors regular

I just bought a beautiful Porsche back for my phone, but couldn't figure out how to remove the old back. I found this thread on a search. It was super simple thanx for the help.

btw the Verison type screw is called a "torx" head screw. The bigger versions are very common in automotive use.

I don't wear Porsche branded shirts and hats, but my review on the back is that it is 5 star. Although I will probably need a skin to protect it.

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

No, it's called a pentalobular head screw. Torx is something different. Pentalobular screws are only found on late model iPhone 4's and 2010 (and presumably 2011) MacBook Airs.

4. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yup glad it could be of use so soon! Perfect timing.