iResq Red iPhone 4 Backing (pictures and install)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The Afroman, Mar 29, 2011.

1. The Afroman macrumors regular

The Afroman

Ordered it, while on sale. Really am a fan of Red.. always makes my personal electronics pop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then i ordered some bumpers from sw-box.com.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

looks good. the dead giveaway is always the iPhone text on the back (its thinner on the red plate).

do you know if anywhere does these in the UK?

3. The Afroman thread starter macrumors regular

The Afroman

Actually the font on the red is identical.. i think the red blows out in the pictures.. but i just sat and compared.. it's dead on!

4. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

actually you're right! it looks the same, my eyes must have been playing tricks before. I have a white one too that is identical. Have you got a link to the page where you can buy them?

5. JohnBossu macrumors member

man thats awesome!! the bumper makes it looks pretty neat. now Im confused as too much interesting setups for my iPhone after seeing yours!

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

The font is definitely not identical... The font of "iPhone" on the original is a little bolder than on the red. You can tell right away by comparing the "o". There is also more spacing in between each letter on the red compared to the original.

A knock-off like this wouldn't be able to reproduce these small details. :(

7. TigerBabe, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

TigerBabe macrumors 6502

8. The Afroman thread starter macrumors regular

The Afroman

Sorry guy but your wrong.. it's dead on. The macro i took is annoyingly hard to take because of reflections.. but i even overlayed the O from the black to the red. The font is exactly the same. I said the red made the font blur/blowout so it looks off. but i just took these and PS'ed the on top of each other.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also the spacing looks off because of the size of the picture.. i'm trying to get a picture and resize it to overlay write ontop of it to show it's exact.

9. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

The H's and the N's are slightly different.

10. The Afroman thread starter macrumors regular

The Afroman

here is the best lineup on overlay i can do with the pictures i can take. without just scanning them :p

[​IMG]

11. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I've got the red and the yellow glass backplates from iResq, and I'll also vouch for their quality. The fit is excellent, and there is no interference/distortion at all when taking flash photos.

12. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Take some non-blurry photos and you will see that the n and the h's indent on the black backing goes in deeper than on the red one.

Edit: also, how do you make a layer transparent like that? I have CS5...

13. The Afroman thread starter macrumors regular

The Afroman

LOL really trying to make them not blurry.. but NON blurry macro of something reflective is a pain. it wants to focus on the reflection..

All i'm doing is pasting one on top of the other and dropping the opacity of the top layer a bit to make it transparent.

14. VXC macrumors member

how long did it take for the bumpers to arrive?

15. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Looks really nice. I had thought about getting the red one too but I wound up getting a clear backplate from SW-Box instead. The phone looks pretty sharp when matched up with the bumper.

16. jake4ever macrumors regular

17. vincenz, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

No guy, you're wrong.

And that picture proves it. There is much more spacing in between the letters in the red. Even if you increased the size of the red picture to match the size of the original, the difference would be even more pronounced. Right now, the red picture is smaller and you can already see that the spacing is very off.

Apple does not make a red iPhone. This is an aftermarket mod from some third-party manufacturer who has the industrial plans to make the back plates, but that doesn't mean they will have the same quality as the original ones from Foxconn and the like. It's evident in details like this. This is not the first time I've seen something like this. The same "mistake" is in the black "OEM" back plates found on eBay. Some people don't notice/care. But there are many people who do.

But if you're OK with all this, don't let me stop you from being happy with your purchase. :confused:

18. jdaniel macrumors 65816

really... r we really quibbling about freaking tiny lil differences that no one looks at...if your talking quality and finish fine.. but this...

19. The Afroman thread starter macrumors regular

The Afroman

Agreed. All in all great product. i cant tel the difference at all holding them side by side