iResQ White iPhone 4 - Just changed price, sort of.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by troy14, Oct 14, 2010.

1. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Not sure when this happened, sometime in the last few hours i'm sure. I sent mine in yesterday (I have a seperate thread for that - will review later). I always take screenshots of everything just in case - been screwed over one too many times by the company.

They are now offering up to $100 for your old iPhone 4 black parts. It was $180.
    [​IMG]

http://www.iresq.com/iphone-repair/iphone-4/convert-your-black-iphone-4-to-white.html

I bought a brand new iPhone 4 and shipped it right after I got home.. so my parts will be in 'flawless' condition. I hope they honor their original offer when I bought it and refund me $180. I'm not sure if they take into account when I bought it, or when they received it. Hopefully the former.

Just a heads up in case anyone was looking to do the swap and was anticipating only paying $69.

I'll keep this thread updated with my refund, and the other with my review/quality tomorrow.

2. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

still says refund of 100 on the site. :(

donno if i can live without my phone for a couple of days..now that my SIM is micro sim...it doesnt fit into my old iphone. :confused:

3. daemonite macrumors member

4. troy14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They refunded me the full $180, whew. Saved a lot of hassle and arguing, thought they were going to try and only give me $100, says a lot about the company!

Refund was immediate, issued before they shipped out the product. Very satisfied.

5. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

Wow sounds awesome. Can you post pics? How long did the whole process take (how long were you out of having a phone)?

6. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

So what happens if you have any problems and need to bring it into the Apple store? Your warranty is gone and you no longer have the original pieces to swap back.

7. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I guess that's a chance these people are willing to take..:confused:

8. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

That's the sacrifice people make for the beauty of the WHITE IPHONE :)

OP, why does the website say $100 refund? Where did you see that $180 refund from that screen shot you posted? Did they change it back?

EDIT: I just called their 1-800 number and the guy said the max refund is $100 :mad: You photoshop that OP?! :D

9. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Actually that was the point of his thread, and a post I made in another one.

They "were" offering 180 rebate if they kept the parts. As of the 14th they changed it to $100 max rebate. To which I said I would keep my Black parts if they are only giving me $100 for them.

10. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

Ohhhh ok I gotcha, I thought it was the other way around. Wow I didn't even know about this service til now. Guess I missed the boat on this one. I would've done it too for the $180 rebate. :(

Oh well, guess I'll stick with my "white iPhone" Gelaskin :eek:

Any other sites offer a similar service?