iResqu not doing white conversion?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hologram777, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Hologram777 macrumors member

Hologram777

Hey guys, I been looking to get my iphone converted to white but noticed that the iResq website dosnt have the option anymore? Any know whats goin on? BTW does it have anything to do with that kid in NYC and the white conversion kits and apple?
    :confused:

2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

hmm interesting, people have been saying here that foxconn have stopped manufacturing the white parts - i wonder if that has anything to do with it?

send them an email see what they say.

3. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

well iresq replied to my email today:

interesting, seems like the suppliers are getting smaller by the day?

4. fender57 macrumors 6502

I find this interesting about iresq, at the moment they are "out of stock" of white backplates to ship out for home installation, but still offer mail-in installation of these white backplates. That doesn't make sense to me.

5. Hologram777 thread starter macrumors member

Hologram777

Well i had sent them a message asking about whats going on and this is what i got back.

"Not at the moment. Some of the new iphones are incompatible with the white parts so we were unable to convert some."

when asked if they are still converting black to white iphone 4 :(

6. fender57, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

fender57 macrumors 6502

I wonder in what way they are incompatible? Shouldn't the specs in general stay constant throughout the life of the model? What could they change that would cause the front and the back to be incompatible?

7. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

im not sure what they mean there either.

the only thing that comes to mind is where some members have been stating Apple now uses new screws at the bottom of the iPhone, maybe they dont have the required tools? But then again whats stopping them just converting back to the older screws?

i dont know, it doesnt sound too logical but you never know.

8. brandonD101 macrumors member

I dont think the screws have any thing to do with it, how would you ever get your phone repaired if they couldnt get into it? and I beleive they just changed the screws to a torx head witch isnt that uncommon. I have orderd a DIY kit from another company and am getting a new iphone 4 on friday. i will let you know how it goes

9. Hologram777 thread starter macrumors member

Hologram777

yeah im not sure either. I dont think thats the real reason but i think theres something underlying besides what they sent me. just wish they would tell the truth instead of give a run around answer :rolleyes:

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

The Kid spent his $130 Gs buying them all up ... no seriously,

I suspect there was a manufacturing issue that Apple is not talking about.

I think foxconn and Apple may be at odds over this and is the reason production was halted ... Apple does not want the stock that foxconn produced.

we may never know the real reason why no white iPhones from Apple.

just a theory :cool: