iRing-type accessory not compatible with Matte Black iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yourfriendjames, Oct 18, 2016.

1. yourfriendjames macrumors newbie

I purchased the ring-type accessory for my iPhone 7 Plus, Matte Black, and I really love the functionality of it, while it lasts. On my black iPhone, the adhesive doesn't seem to stay on for more than 2 days before coming off the iPhone. Does anyone else have this issue? I have tried using a bumper case with the clear plastic back and attaching the ring to that and it holds VERY well; it would require a lot of force to pull off. I would rather use the accessory on the naked back without a full case, however. Do the Matte Black iPhones have a different coating than the other colors? My friend has a jet black and a rose gold and the adhesive sticks on those colors fine.

2. Daranx macrumors regular

Daranx

I've got the Spigen Style Ring and it stays on pretty well on my matte black phone - it hasn't come off unless I've tried to pry it off intentionally. I did notice that it was a little easier to remove than from my Ultra Hybrid case which has a smooth clear back, but I guess that's just the properties of a matte vs smooth surface. Type of adhesive might also be a factor.