Iris Pro performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anandadavananda, Nov 5, 2014.

1. anandadavananda macrumors newbie

anandadavananda

Good day everyone.

I am planning to buy rMPB mid 2014 and have some questions if anyone can help.

1. I am planning to use the machine for following tasks in several desktops: basic office stuff, safari, xcode, parallels with windows running (maybe two instances simultaneously), will extend to a 1080p external monitor, NO gaming, NO heavy video/photo editing. I am interested if 5200 iGPU will be enough for this tasks and WILL there be any glitches/freezes during work and/or transitions between apps and desktops? I will use standard resolution, NO scaling. Are there anyone with similar usage patterns and has dGPU also? Is rMPB switching from iGPU to dGPU while performing such tasks and are there any differences??

2. I cannot afford model with dGPU in my country so will Iris pro be plenty or I should wait for broadwell/6200 release for promised 40%+ performance??

Thank you

2. blooperz macrumors 6502

none of the tasks you listed benefit from a dGPU so just go for it in my opinion.

3. anandadavananda thread starter macrumors newbie

anandadavananda

So, you suggest that there will be no lags/glitches?

4. blooperz macrumors 6502

I don't think anyone on here can promise you that since we don't know what type of work you'll be doing on it...but these machines are plenty powerful for what you need and I don't think theres any point in waiting...theres always something new and better around the corner, i.e iris 7300 when 6200 is released.