Irish release date???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shuffles, Feb 14, 2008.

1. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

Anyone know the irish release date for the iphone???

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It depends on if Apple can find a Wireless/Mobile partner in Eire. It has been hard enough just to get the UK, France, and DE taken care of. Apple may be focusing on nations of greater populations first, but no guarentees.

TEG

3. BothBarsOn macrumors regular

Shuffles, I heard Ray Foley on Today FM yesterday talking about his imported iPhone. I think he said he got it up and running on the 3 network.

Me, I'd rather wait for the real thing. But it isn't easy. While I'm up, when are we getting an Apple Store to call our own <shakes fist, grrrs>?

4. shuffles thread starter macrumors 6502

shuffles

Im gonna wait for the real thing too!!! They have unlocked versions in dublin in some stores but id rather have thereal version....whenever it comes out!!

Also, i dunno when an apple store will open in ireland. I suppose they look on us as a really small market.

Also, i wonder hoe they will tackle the offering of the iphone when it is released here. Our market is completely different to the likes of the UK or the US. More ppl have credit (prepay) phones here than bill pay phones (about 3.5 million ppl have prepay phones).

5. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

It's kinda funny, though, that Apple's European headquarters are in Ireland (as are Dell's, Intel, Hewlett Packard, etc) but we still don't have an Apple Store.

6. shuffles thread starter macrumors 6502

shuffles

7. Dunk the Lunk macrumors regular

Bet you wished you'd not declared independence and stayed part of the UK now ;-)

On a more serious note it is kind of surprising that the phone hasn't been released in more countries but on the other hand in Apple does seem to have gone for a divide and conquer strategy with the mobile operators in Europe by going for T-mobile, orange and O2 in the different territories rather than just sticking to one. Maybe there are other motives....?

8. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

:)

(a) A subject of the Queen + an Apple Store

or

(b) Not a subject of the Queen + no Apple Store?

It's a toughie..........but (b) sounds good ;)