Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Olvenskol

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
So, my company recently moved and I'm in this nice office now with big windows facing south-west and south-east. It also faces a glass wall and in the morning hours I have what appear to be two suns outside my window (one being a reflection of the real one).

It can get kind of warm. They're still working on getting the tuning right.

Yesterday was a hot day and it just got to be a little much. So I grabbed my MBA and found an unused cubicle to park in for the day. Spent the rest of the day working on it instead of my desktop, using it to transfer files over to some new project management software and referencing a lot of old files (HTML, Word, Excel) to get the new software up and running. I had about 7 apps open and about 8 windows I was constantly switching between.

Little guy ran great all day and never got even warm.

So, while my office was too hot... my MBA was nice and cool :p

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I walk into one of my partner's offices where the firewall is locked down tight.

The offices are cool, and I leave the machine opened up for a while, then start to do some work on it.

When .Mac sync cranked up automatically on the Air because port 80 was open, instead of quitting the process after a while, it takes over the machine and the fan shoots up to 6500rpm.

So while the office was nice and cool... the MBA was running like a furnace :p

rom

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2006
I walk into one of my partner's offices where the firewall is locked down tight.

The offices are cool, and I leave the machine opened up for a while, then start to do some work on it.

When .Mac sync cranked up automatically on the Air because port 80 was open, instead of quitting the process after a while, it takes over the machine and the fan shoots up to 6500rpm.

So while the office was nice and cool... the MBA was running like a furnace :p

Did you apply the firmware update? My fans only go up to 6200rpm - never reached 6500rpm and I am in one of the hottest summers in Manila now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.