Irregular 3Gs battery percentage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nayfe, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Nayfe macrumors newbie

Hi there, quick question regarding my iphone.. I've had the 16G version on the day it was released in the UK but had to return it due to a faulty mute switch. I opted to replace it with the 32G version and was told that the 10 hour pre-use charge wasn't really required so I charged it till the battery was 100% and began using it, happy days..

I've noticed this week that sometimes my phones battery percentage suddenly shoots up from 74% to 100% for example, or from 18% to 26%, then seems to decrease normally.. I'm getting a good amount of total hours use at the mo, it seems though that the battery meter jumps around a bit. I've read a few posts where peoples phones suddenly drop in battery, but not jump upwards?

Is this a problem or do I need to calibrate the battery or something?

Thanks guys

2. Nayfe thread starter macrumors newbie

Quick update... It was at 100% this morning, It ran to about 75% after a good few hours of music listening, then shot up to 100% and normally went down to about 91%.. just made a call and looked and it had dropped to 66%, probably accuratly following the 75% indications earlier on today...

3. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

On my old 3G the battery would fluctuate depending on what I was doing. If I was playing a game it would drain fast but if I stopped and went back to the phone an hour later the battery would be back up a little. I haven't noticed the same problem on my 3GS yet.

EDIT: Your update reminded me that yesterday I was listen to music using the speakers and my battery went down quite quickly. When I stopped it went back up a little.