Irritated with Verizon and Apple!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sixsticks, Sep 16, 2014.

1. sixsticks macrumors newbie

Preordered my IP6P early with Verizon by phone since their site was down. Throughout the order process, the delivery date kept changing. Started with delivery on 9/19 and ended with delivery set for 10/21!!!!! Representative never even told me...became aware of it through email confirmation.
    Now, yesterday, CNN reported that Apple stores will actually have both new phone to purchase in their stores this Friday! WTH...those of us who preordered will still have to wait? Why aren't our phones being shipped FIRST?
    Anyone with any additional knowledge, please comment.

PS....BTW, the order process took me over 4 hours!!!!!!

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience :(

Any idea which way you are gonna go from here?

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

From reading these forums it seems Verizon did a better job than the other carriers. More Verizon people seem to have got their pre-orders through. I have AT&T and spent hours getting "Product Unavailable" on my iPhone and iPad apps. :(

:apple:

4. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Cancel your order with Verizon. Go buy phone at Apple store.

Boom problem solved

Next time don't order from the carriers. They have less stock and generally slip shipping dates earliest.

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

Since the original iPhone launch back in 2007, Apple has always kept the majority of the stock for its stores.

Carriers get some, but Apple gets the majority.

Sucks, but it's always been that way.

Seems like the 6 Plus stock levels are similar to the gold IPhone from last year. Those were tough to get the first few months.

6. sixsticks thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know what to do. I'm going to call Apple to determine if I can go to an Apple store on Friday since I have already preordered thru VZW. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care about the wait but what's fair is fair and my iPhone 5's battery sux!

7. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

Listen to him lol

8. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that :(. I lucked out with Verizon and was done online a few min after 3AM. Also, Apple always has a set amount for preorder and for walk ins at the store. The lines outside the stores creates free publicity for them.

9. tjl3 macrumors 6502a

The 5 closest Apple Stores were still accepting in store pick up for the 19th for the 6, but not the 6+. Put my order in last night, already charged and received shipping confirmation.

10. starlight0229 macrumors member

Did you really think that Apple would give other retailers the units and hinder themselves from being able to make sales in their own stores?!? People have been lining up at the stores on launch day for years. Why on earth would Apple not stock those stores with iPhones? The pre-order is offered as a convenience for customers so that you don't have to wait in line to get your phone.

11. aristobrat macrumors G5

Is your iPhone 5 battery in the range of those recently recalled?

12. SonRK macrumors 6502

I preordered 3:30 AM EST, (basically when the servers could let me in)

Got a confirmation email on the 12th for a 9/19 delivery, but the website says order date of the 14th, and still processing/no shipment information.

Joke status.

13. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Don't order from the carriers. Lesson learned.

14. DVDxR macrumors regular

The phones for the stores are pre-allocated before the pre-orders started. Essentially, they were spoken for before you ever had a chance to order. The carriers and big box stores (Best Buy, etc.) will also get an allocation that they can sell on release day in their stores. It works like this every year.

And before you say "but that's not fair! :mad:", well, life's not fair. It's a phone. You'll get over it.

15. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I ordered through Vz's site at 3:30am because Apple's was down. Got a 10/14 delivery date or something lame like that. got through on the iOS app to the Apple Store around 4:30am eastern on the 12th and was able to reserve 2 Pluses for the 19th. Canceled my Vz order in the morning.

16. hk007 macrumors newbie

My experience was completely different. I ordered mine at 5:45am EST from Verizon's website. There was no slowness or delay. Ordered 2 64GB iPhone 6. Got FedEx shipping confirmation 2 days ago. Package is shipped out and is currently in Memphis TN.

Call and see if you can cancel it. There will be long lines at Apple Stores if you try to buy it on 19th.

17. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

You ordered the regular 6.

I have seen all the regular 6 available on apple and verizon the following morning still available for release day shipping.