Irritating 3.0 bug. Workaround?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mavis, Apr 2, 2009.

1. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to manually edit the iPhone's built-in dictionary yet ... ? I know it's possible to add words to the dictionary by adding them to the Address Book but even that trick doesn't seem to be working now. The problem? Ever since I installed 3.0b2, my iPhone no longer auto-corrects its to it's ... I don't know why they changed it, because I would assume that it's is far more commonly used than its.

Anyone else experiencing this odd behavior with 3.0b2? Any workarounds?

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Rather than XX -> FX I'm getting XX -> CD

Interesting.

3. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Any ideas on how to correct this?

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I don't know if it's easy to edit its dictionary, but I don't think it's going to happen. I think it's a problem with decoding its database.

Yes, I was actually trying to use as many variation of "its" in that reply.

5. bstpierre macrumors 6502

Sometimes Apple includes variations on a word typed to get to the correction you want. I would recommend trying to type soemthing like its and see if it gives you the form you want. For example, try itss.

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Like the same thing that happens when you type weree?

7. Justen macrumors member

I also noticed this today when I was typing a text, they got a lot more lenient on the typing. I actually liked it better when it corrected me more.

8. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20)

Yeah, I've got to say, this 'bug' is really starting to irritate me. Maybe if it had always been like this, but to change it arbitrarily ... ? :mad:

9. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Well, if I put XX and I get CD I click the cross and it doesn't seem to happen again... at least for a while. We'll see.

Latest was XXX to ZZZ :)