Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomdalladay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Hey,

I'm having some severe problems with my mic under BootCamp. I have a MacBook Pro 2.2 (2.33GHz/2Gb/160Gb). I currently have Windows 7 installed via BootCamp.

My problem is if I use my mic, it causes feedback. If I have my external mic plugged in, it doesn't register anything for Line In and I still get feedback (presumably it's still using the internal mic). If I plug in my external headphones, I still get feedback via the mic!

Any idea what's going on and is there a solution? Everywhere I look talks about Cirrus Audio for the 2009 model, that or topics on no sound from the mic.

Patrick J

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
If the symptoms don't occur on the Mac side, it is a driver problem. Apple support for Windows, driver-wise, could be better. I don't, however, know how to fix your problem: have you tried Windows XP? XP and, to some extend, Vista, have better driver support.

thomdalladay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I'm using the Vista drivers - since this laptop doesn't support the latest BootCamp, I have the previous version with Vista drivers.

Ice Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
My cousin has a MacBook and wasn't satisfied with her built in mic. I gave her my Gigaware USB mic which worked perfect for me in Windows Vista and XP and works great for her in OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.