Is 02.30.03/stock 2.2.1 replacemnt 3g unlockable

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Jun 11, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

just wondering because i'm trying to sell my new replacement phone that has 02.30.03 and loaded with 2.2.1

I haven't been in the unlocking loop since I sold my 2G a while back.

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm curious about this too -- is there any way to unlock this combination of firmware and modem baseband?

I've done a bit of googling and it seems that there isn't a way to unlock this combination, but i'm far from "in the know" about unlocking/jailbreaking.

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Unfortunately, no. There are some hardware unlocking sim cards that claim to work, but I have found all of them to be garbage and not work well.
    You could try to downgrade the baseband to 2.28.00 so Yellowsn0w will work by downloading 3G Fuzzyband Downgrader from Cydia.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Thanks for the info.

Does that method usually work okay? Is there a huge risk in bricking the phone if the modem downgrade fails to go through?

5. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

I just did it a few days ago, simple and no problems. FuzzyBand is supposed to be pretty safe because it checks all your software and firmware versions before attempting anything. All you have to do is click on the go buttom.