is 1.1.2 available thru itunes yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isleofjib, Nov 9, 2007.

1. isleofjib macrumors regular

when i try to update thru itunes, it still says 1.1.1 is current. i thought people were getting this thru itunes now. am i wrong?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i'm getting the same message as you. have patience, i'm sure it'll be out soon enough. :)

3. eswank macrumors 6502

It's not coming up from iTunes but you can download the file itself from TUAW or MacRumors. Make sure you save the link into the ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates folder. Once its done downloading go into iTunes and go to the summary tab of the iPhone. Hold on Option on your keyboard and click check for update and select the .zip file that you downloaded. I just did mine and it's working just fine. Hope this helps.

4. Nagooya macrumors 6502

Nagooya

Yeah, i hope it comes out soon...this is kind of taking a while, especially if people are already downloading it.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Its kinda weird, why should it take this long?

6. isleofjib thread starter macrumors regular

patience?? lol. actually, i downloaded that file this morning but after reading several people having issues with it i wanted to hold off until it came thru itunes. then i read a couple who said they updated thru itunes. but i can't. glad to know i'm not alone and if it doesn't show up soon, i'll just take my chances with the manual update. :)

7. isleofjib thread starter macrumors regular

well, i couldn't wait anymore. so i installed the downloaded update. no problems with it, tho i did have to reload my music and videos. all other settings were still intact. can't say i notice anything drastically different one way or the other.

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I dl'd it and have had zero problems..I synced before I did it and everything shows up just fine and I'm not missing anything from photos to mail settings to wifi or anything. I really wonder why they are delaying the mass update through itunes though. What's going on.

9. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

I know, they said it'd be released today

10. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Did apple actually say it would be released today? I know I've read threads about how they were but I don't think I've seen an official apple release about how they are releasing it today.

11. PupnTaco macrumors regular

PupnTaco

Weird, I was just at my local Apple Store and the Genius said it had just been made available 20 minutes prior. Upon getting back home, I checked it out... and it still says 1.1.1 is the current version. :confused:

12. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

that was my understanding....are they waiting to release 1.1.3 in the states then?

13. timmypv15 macrumors regular

maybe they realized it was easily hackable and they decided not to make it public until they release a more secure one?

14. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

that would make sense but then would there be two 1.1.2s? the one you can download and ctrl-click install yourself and the one directly from itunes?

15. isleofjib thread starter macrumors regular

why would they make it available on their site to download, but not thru itunes? has anybody checked today to see if it's available? not that i expect apple to release a software update on the weekend, but still...

16. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

If you have deleted the restore software in the iphone software updates folder. Then you click restore to download a new package.
    You will get 1.1.2

17. ProMod macrumors 6502a

Not working for me.

18. Lartymarf macrumors regular

Are you on a pc?

19. timmypv15 macrumors regular

prolly they would go with a 1.1.3?

20. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

If I was Apple, and a "leaked" update was cracked in 45 mins ... I would cancel the update, go fix the exploit then release it.

21. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

:eek: Yes....... Runs to hide

22. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

hummm

Curious, very curious. I just tried at this hour and still no new update. I am beginning to wonder if it is a non-US update; any reports from Asia? I wish it would just work, pun intended.

23. isleofjib thread starter macrumors regular

i would agree except for one thing: why is/was it still available to download from their server? if they were going to cancel the update, wouldn't they pull it so people couldn't continue to download it?

24. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

So Euro people can restore their phone if need be?

25. isleofjib thread starter macrumors regular

that could be the reason. has there been any word that our european friends can update thru itunes?