is 10.5 pro a good purchase in 2018?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rachislenska, Nov 10, 2018.

1. rachislenska macrumors newbie

Hi im planning to get an iPad again finally since my mac pro is almost 5 years old. Im actually torn between 10.5 and the new 11. On one hand i want to get the latest model as it would be of course better for future proofing as i use my device for a long time. But i really want the finger print sensor and face id alone would be not ideal.
    I have noted that ram and display is same but the new processor is said to be considerably superior. And there is the cost issue.

my main concerns are 1) i want it to be relatively future proof...ie don't want the iPad to be slowing down after 1-2 major software updates. started happening with my iPad 2 , natural considering its low ram.
    2) cost is of course an issue but not a make or break one

2. MrAperture macrumors regular

MrAperture

The A10X is still a beast and the 10.5 Pro has 4GB of RAM. You will be set for a long time. Are you from the U.S.? Best Buy is currently selling the 10.5 Pro for $525 for 64GB and $675 for 256GB versions.

3. rachislenska thread starter macrumors newbie

Not from US. The thing is as of now the 10.5 inch is still at launch price. I plan to get a 256 gb version. Just a bit confused about shelling out launch price for a 1 year old product.

4. MrAperture macrumors regular

MrAperture

Ok what about refurbished? Apple is selling the refurbished version for $679 directly from their website here. Are you able to order that instead?

5. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502a

Black Friday around the corner, I would wait to see if there is some good savings on the 10.5

Definitely still a worthwhile device to buy still but maybe not full launch price

6. rachislenska thread starter macrumors newbie

well my only source is apple stores and amazon. neither of them has any price cuts as of now. im not interested to get a refurbished..but i can't get one here anyways,

7. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

Depends on how long you’re planning to keep it. I was at the Apple store this morning and the iPad 10.5 is still very fast. Just like it was last week.

I’m not sure I Buy this “superior processor” talk if what you’re going to do is word processing and browsing the web. Get one and be happy.