Is 10% an hour a good average battery drain?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by testudoaubreii, May 17, 2017.

1. testudoaubreii macrumors member

Hello. I just received my replacement 13" MBP w/touch bar. I charged it up to 100%. I watched just over 2 hours of Kodi and HBO Now. It went down to 78%. I have the brightness at 100%.

Would this be considered good or average battery drain? I am new to Mac, and I have read about issues with the battery and some other things that have me worried about my purchase, so I figured I would ask you knowledgeable folks here.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Sounds okay, but I'd allow it a few days to index the system as that'll use a lot of power in the background. If you're not already, use Safari over Google Chrome. Then try a full run.

3. xyz2610 macrumors member

xyz2610

seems to be in line with my battery life on the MBP 13 TB. Especially considering you've got your brightness all the way up to 100%, that's what's eating up battery very quickly

4. robvas macrumors 68020

A few days? It should be done in like an hour depending on how much data you brought over from your old Mac.

5. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I tend to err on the side of caution; a few days would definitely ensure any background niggles are ironed out. :)

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Well that suggests 10 hours of use which is pretty damn good for a machine that is probably still spotlight indexing and is bang in line with their claims of a 10 hour battery life. More importantly its at 100% brightness and apples claims and testing are done at 75% brightness, drop it down a bit and watch your battery life go up.

7. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

Curious, which model did you buy? (cpu, ram and graphics).

8. jksu macrumors regular

9. testudoaubreii thread starter macrumors member

13" i5/8GB/256GB w/touchpad