Is $1500 a good deal for base Macbook Air??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BaronvdB, Mar 10, 2008.

1. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

I have an opportunity to maybe get a MBA for $1500?? I only want it for a little while as I wait for another MBP to come out...if I buy it for $1500 will be able to get most of my money back in a few months?? Need opinions.

2. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

The new MBP- penryns are out now as of 1-2 weeks ago.

If you're waiting for the summer refresh then buy the MBA.. I think that $1500 is a good price if it passes the apple hardware test/looks like brand new.

you do mean $1500 total right?

3. BaronvdB thread starter macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

yeah I know the penryns are out but I think i'm going to wait for one more refresh/redesign...i have my ADC membership that is good till the end of the year so i don't mind waiting to see if something new/better comes out and then I'll use my one and only ADC hardware purchase...yeah $1500 total.

4. dannyar macrumors 6502a

its a good deal, i was able to snag one off these forums for 1450 shipped. i always figure if you dont like it a couple months down the road you could probably still flip it for a 100 dollar profit.

5. gothamm macrumors 6502a

get a macbook. don't go with the overhyped air. lesser money for a faster computer and bigger hd

6. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

The Air is worth more than the regular MacBook if you value portability over raw speed--although the backlit keys and multitouch trackpad aren't bad either!