Is 1500 US good for a new Macbook Pro 15.4 ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by remyink, Nov 24, 2007.

1. remyink macrumors newbie

Hi guys Im coming up on a deal I found. I can come up on a 1500 dollar Macbook Pro the guy says its brand new sealed in package and they purchased it for him as a gift. He already has one and doesnt need it. Im thinking about going to pick it up soon whats your guys advice as it would be my first Mac :D Sounds like a good deal to me.

2. iMan G5 macrumors member

Is it the current model? If so it is a real steal.

3. remyink thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah its got the Santa Rosa chipset 2.2 mhz core 2 due and the nvidia graphics card.

4. lazymej macrumors newbie

5. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Sounds like it could be a scam to me. Someone just randomly bought someone a laptop without checking if they already had one? That's sort of like buying someone a car when you don't know whether they have a drivers license, or are an F1 driver.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

my first thought as well. be careful here.

7. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

8. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

9. Nahmeanz macrumors regular

if he says he's in England and he wants you to put money into a TNT account and they will release it only after you receive the MBP, then it's a scam...someone on craigslist tried to sell me a brand new dell xps m1330 for 575 with this same exact scam, but I googled TNT and all I got for results is SCAM...

10. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

ps. tnt is a legit courier in asia.

Of course this doesn't change the fact that that was a scam

11. Nahmeanz macrumors regular

I know of TNT, I just saw one of their vans drive by just now. But the scam is to use a fake website that looks TNT's. The language used in the scam is almost always the same. Got the laptop as a gift, don't need it willing to sell it cheap, located in Binhampton, England, using TNT for the protection of both parties, yada yada yada...

12. remyink thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys I just got back from buying the Macbook Pro and it worked out perfect. I had to drive an hour to get it but that was no prob. I was skeptical about it at first too. It was unoppened and made him open it in front of me before I gave him the cash. Everything was in normal Apple order everything was sealed in plastic and all the foam looked untouched. :D I gave him the money and went on my marry way. Now im typing this message from my new MBP. Its a 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo with 2gb of Ram Nvidia 8600m GT 128 mb vram. The only thing is that it still has Os X Tiger, but I took care of that already and ordered Leopard for 9.99. :cool: Loving the MBP

13. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy