rev7 non subscription cost is high
revision 6 meets all my needs
will revision 6 work on catalina??
my One Password revision 6 license is relatively new and want to get some millage before doing the expensive $60.00 up grade to rev7.
I started using the Brave internet browser & OnyX
-Brave dosnt pull up in "New Private Window" more so you have to remember to switch
-Brave dosnt have a lot of added feature support so have to copy past from One Password
-OnyX clears some of the DNS information
-0nyX will automatic close your browser so I run it to close my internet secession
not sure what you're getting at; anyway, the 1password version we both use (version 6) works in catalina, but the safari plugin does not work.
Not if it doesn't work with Catalina.
Seriously, few vendors are going to support old software on a new OS. If we want to keep macOS up to date (and we should) then we also need to keep apps up to date.
I am pretty sure 1Password X requires subscription.I think that with Brave - the better solution, even with 1Password 6, is to use the extension called 1Password X.
Ben, while I totally understand and support 1Password going subscription-based model from sustainability point of view, I hope 1Password and 1Password X will expand support for multiple vaults to alternate storage options.Hi folks. Ben from 1Password here. A few comments:
- 1Password 6 for Mac is retired and has not been updated or sold in over a year. We can't recommend using an older version. That is, of course, your prerogative (licenses never expire) but it isn't something we can recommend.
- It is possible to purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Mac. The sale is still on, as of writing, so it is available for $50 USD + tax. Regular price as was mentioned above once the sale ends will be $65 USD + tax. That said, membership is the way forward. Membership gets you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices as well as a whole host of other features starting at $3/mo, which may work out to be less expensive than the cost of a license. You can also occasionally catch a promo for an extended trial, even further reducing your cost for the first year.
- While we aren't officially testing 1Password 6 against Catalina early reports from customers on the Catalina beta have been mostly positive (excepting Safari as noted above).
- For Safari 13 Apple is going Safari App Extension only, which means the older style Safari extension that 1Password 6 uses won't work. This will affect everyone who upgrades to Safari 13, regardless of OS level. Of course we would recommend running the latest versions of macOS, your browsers, and 1Password, regardless. It just makes good security sense to keep up to date.
- 1Password X is awesome, but it does indeed require a membership.
I hope that helps.
Ben, while I totally understand and support 1Password going subscription-based model from sustainability point of view, I hope 1Password and 1Password X will expand support for multiple vaults to alternate storage options.
As truz points out, many of us simply prefer to store all of our data to storage platform of our choice, whether it be local, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Cloud, etc. Currently, 1Password limits multiple vaults storage to either 1Password.com server or Dropbox.
With iOS 13 and macOS Catalina adding shared folder support for iCloud, I am ready to bail on Dropbox (bloated mess IMO). 1Password is the only thing holding me back. I have tried 1Password.com (family subscription is included with my $100/year Eero Plus membership) and while I appreciate its simplicity, I just rather store all my super sensitive data on iCloud.
I would even pay subscription for the privilege of using alternate cloud storage (assuming I wasn't subscribing to Eero Plus, which again includes 1Password.com family subscription), as I appreciate watchtower and other on-going improvements.
you can get a license for 1password7 (i just did, upgrading from 6, so i can use the safari extension in catalina, after all..)
But in an earlier thread bwoodruff commented: "That said, membership is the way forward." I asked for clarification, but never saw any. (If 1Password 7 is the last time it'll be available as a one-time license, then it may be best to try to find an alternative now.)
sure. but 1password6 still works (on catalina, sans the web plugin). so, 7 should work for some time to come. otherwise, like ALL software, it's a crapshoot how long an app will last (and if it will get updated). for example, i moved to dreamweaver CC because i had to (not because i am ok with the subscription model)...