Is 2009 Back to School Deal Definite?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by goblue10, Feb 11, 2009.

1. goblue10 macrumors newbie

Couldn't find a thread on this so sorry if it's already been asked.
    I am planning on buying a new whitebook soon, and I haven't been able to find out if Apple will do the "Buy a Macbook, get a iPod touch deal" for this year. I know it is usually done in the summer months but with the economy and whatnot, I'm just wondering if Apple can/will do this?

I appreciate any responses. Thanks

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Nothing in the world of Apple is ever certain, but it can be expected. There's no reason to believe the Back to School Promo will not be offered in 2009.

3. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

Believe me you not the only one waiting for this to buy a mac. I using an HP that I bought after my Powerbook died since I didn't have enough for a mac at that time. It (HP) hasn't been a bad computer, but now the wireless is dead and it has problems starting up both being a recognized problem which they will repair for free once I get the box and ship it out.

----------------
    Now playing: Staind - So Far Away
    via FoxyTunes

4. cjenkins505 macrumors member

Yah I am in the same situation. Does anyone know when the promo began last year? Also when do they usually announce when it starts? Any events coming up?

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

6. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Agreed. Won't be as good as previous years I bet, but still there will be something.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

We never know. Apple could go belly up this year and we would have no advance knowledge or indication.

8. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Apple is the only one that knows. Apple has been doing that program for a while already, so there should be no reason why there wouldn't be one this year.

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

with $20 Billion in the bank thats not very likely, oh wait...the US Government has more and its happened hahaha.