is 2011 2.8 i7 21.5 in stores? review?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sbb155, Jul 23, 2011.

1. sbb155 macrumors 6502

2. dawser macrumors newbie

I have one with the SSD and no hard disk, upgraded to 16 GB of RAM. It works very well, with very little noise even under load. If you already own a monitor, I would also consider the new Mac mini server.

Let me know any questions you may have.

3. ascNYC macrumors member

Liking mine a lot.

I have a new 21.5" 2.8 i7 with 12GB of RAM and a 2TB HDD. I was coming from a 5+ yr old 17" 1.83GHz Core Duo so of course my perception of the new machine is somewhat skewed. That said however I am loving my new i7. It flies with everything I've thrown at it so far, editing RAW photos using Nik software for my 5K+ pic Aperture library, 25K+ iTunes library, movie conversions with Handbrake, 10+ windows open in Safari, MS Office, etc. I have not once seen a beach ball under the heaviest of processor work.

The screen size is perfect for me as I didn't have the counter space for the 27". Noise is non-existent and the new Magic Pad is fantastic especially with Lion. Overall I give it a 10 out of 10. You won't be disappointed. Only need to decide HDD size, SSD and how much aftermarket RAM to add.

Good luck....