Is 32 bit windows 7 Slowing crysis down?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by yourashero, Feb 4, 2010.

1. yourashero macrumors regular

My 27 i5 mac cant run crysis at all. I know that its only allowing 2.99 gigs of ram to work. Is that the problem? I'm running in ????x768 and using streamline graphics and there is a lot of pop up. Its really not all that smooth either.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

3. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I played Crysis on my 24" iMac, 2.93 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of memory and had no problems in Win 7 as long as I played it in a window around 1280 or so. I even used "high" detail settings most of the time.

4. bmb012 macrumors 6502

From what I hear 64 bit doesn't make all that much of a difference. My 4890 still struggles with Crysis if I have post processing on very high. It really just depends on your settings.

I believe that 64 bit made more of a difference in how levels were loaded than overall performance, though.

5. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Make sure you have downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI's website, run them through Mobility Modder and install them. They are much better then Apples drivers.

6. yourashero thread starter macrumors regular

ahhh. Yes.. all I've done is load up bootcamp 3.1. So I need to get the catalyst drivers. Gotcha. Thank you!

Dragon age seemed to work pretty good, but like I said, I had every graphic detail on the second to worst setting and was in whatever by 768. I was getting really low framerates and a LOT of pop in within about 20 feet of my guy.

7. yourashero thread starter macrumors regular

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

Is this the page I want to follow?