Is $350 a good deal for a 20" iMac G4?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macaddict23, Mar 1, 2008.

1. macaddict23 macrumors 6502

macaddict23

I'm not sure about the ram, but the standard specs are 80GB, 1.25GHz for $350.

Here's the issue, which I'm not sure whether it's a quick fix or not. The seller mentions that the computer works but has an issue booting up. The PRAM has to always be set after an hour, it will ask to be rebooted. My question is, is this a sign that perhaps the entire computer it on its death bed? Or is it just a matter of replacing the PRAM battery?

Thanks in advance!

2. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

First question... YES thats a great price. I just got one of those for free (rather a return for doing something for them). I buy and resell Macs all the time and wanted to see the value of mine. Right now they average about 600-800 on e bay. They are valued above iMac G5s and even early intel iMacs.

As far as the problem it "Could" be as simple as the Pram battery but it could also be the MoBo. Its a crap shoot buddy. Myself I would prolly talk it down some (mentioning it could be a dead stick) and then hope for the best. If it is indeed the MoBo people will still buy it from you and you could get all or close to your money back. Id say its worth the gamble if you really want it.

Kevin :apple: