Is 4.2 really the convergence of iPhone & iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Trat, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Trat macrumors regular

Aug 31, 2010
    If 4.2 is labeled as converging iPhone and iPad, where are the apps like: Calculator, Weather and Stocks?

I already stopped using any of these Apple apps on my iPhone, but was just wondering.
  2. rikbrown macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2010
    Do wait for the later betas/gold versions. I've heard Apple tend to focus on API improvements right until the very end (under the reasoning that they want third-party developers to catch up and make sure their apps are compatible).
  3. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2010
    As rikbrown pointed out, this is only the first beta, and there will prolly be a couple more before the general release with each one possibly containing more of the features everyone is gagging for.
  4. Trat thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 31, 2010
    Maybe. But I got the feeling Apple left out these three apps so the iPad App Store attracted developers filling in these holes. I mean, you do want a calculator on any computer, I guess.

I don't remember Apple putting in complete new apps near the end of the beta cycle, but we will see.
  5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Jul 17, 2008
    Talking about convergence, I want my iPod touch to spin all the way around so I can hold it any way up, just like the iPad!
  6. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

Dec 31, 2009
    New Jersey
    Me too!