Is 400 the maximum in address book??

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Bulldog VII, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all

I have been plugging away at mobile me & a new & interesting development has happened. It would appear that only a maximum of 400 addresses can be transfered from the mac to the iphone??

Which is really annoying, has anyone else encountered this?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm, I don't think so. Last time I looked, I had around 700 contacts in my Address Book. What kind of error do you get?

EDIT: Sorry, oh, or is this specifically via MobileMe? That would be annoying... people who have large address books are probably disproportionately likely to be the ones who actually pay for and use MobileMe... (although I do not).

3. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

There is no error message, just some of my contacts don't get pushed across?

I have about 450 on the computer & only 393 on the iphone??

Am I doing something wrong?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm... do you have contacts that don't have phone numbers? I forget, and I can't plug my iPhone and try it right now, but there used to be a setting in iSync as to whether these contacts get synced, and by default they do not. You might plug your iPhone in, and double check the contacts related settings (plug it in, go to iTunes, click on the iPhone, and navigate through the tabs on the right side till you find the contacts settings).

5. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

I have 656 contacts in both addressbook and on the iPhone, all looks well.